Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Who is online thingo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is online thingo

Post by Cheeeseッ on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 pm

There is this Who is online thingo and I think it shows where someone is in the world. I don't know if I am correct but if I am, is there a way to not have it shown to someone else? Also, if it is what I think it is, then it doesn't seem very accurate to me. This probably doesn't make any sense at all so here's a link to what I'm talking about.
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is online thingo

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Cheeese wrote:There is this Who is online thingo and I think it shows where someone is in the world. I don't know if I am correct but if I am, is there a way to not have it shown to someone else? Also, if it is what I think it is, then it doesn't seem very accurate to me. This probably doesn't make any sense at all so here's a link to what I'm talking about.

I will try to turn it off if I can but I wouldn't worry too much, every forum you go onto has access to this sort of data. The reason it isn't showing your exact location is because it is showing your ISP's location, not your specific location. You really have nothing to worry about.
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeeseッ on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:48 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Cheeese wrote:There is this Who is online thingo and I think it shows where someone is in the world. I don't know if I am correct but if I am, is there a way to not have it shown to someone else? Also, if it is what I think it is, then it doesn't seem very accurate to me. This probably doesn't make any sense at all so here's a link to what I'm talking about.

I will try to turn it off if I can but I wouldn't worry too much, every forum you go onto has access to this sort of data. The reason it isn't showing your exact location is because it is showing your ISP's location, not your specific location. You really have nothing to worry about.

Oh cool. Thanks for the explanation.
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by gergg the grim reaper on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am

hm bit protective much?

Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeeseッ on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 pm

gergg the grim reaper wrote:
hm bit protective much?

I was just asking to see if you can toggle it on or off and also to point out it wasn't very accurate with my location.
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by gergg the grim reaper on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:24 pm

ah ok then never mind about what i said

Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content