Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

A gamemode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like this idea?

40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
60% 60% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 5

A gamemode

Post by Demopan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, the enemy team chooses any class they want. The gravity is set to 1000 so you can't jump or get pushed around. And everyone is forced to the RED/BLU team (you decide) but one person is randomly selected to be the Alien. The Alien has 30000 hp and has infinite ammo, he roams the map trying to kill everyone. Everyone killed is stored in jail/anywhere where they can be sealed and have there spawn set there untill the Alien is destroyed. Those lot that are defeated can trade with eachother if the want. When the Alien is killed the spawns are reset and somone else is chosen. If you choose engineer, you can use any kind of sentry, but using a backstab or The Eureka Effect's taunt is not allowed, that will jail you instantly. This games benefits are:

Target Practise, Dealing with mods, following rules, and having fun.

Tell me what you think alien


Last edited by Demopan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Demopan
Grunt

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 pm

That... is way too much hp. Also backstabs.

----------

nvm he edited his post. I am not keen currently since this would require someone to write a whole plugin for a game we might barely use.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Alright, we got like A.I's on a custom map through tiny holes
Conveyor belts that drag along Scout with the Guillotine thingos
They gotta hit the A.I and kill him
At the end of the Conveyor belt which, mind you, is going at a reasonable speed there's a thing that kills yah
Speed has to be fast enough that you can't run back up the other side or something else that doesn't let you get to the end of it
If you kill the A.I, the conveyor stops and there's a door at the end that leads you to victory probably
Or an additional Obstacle thingo
Something obstacle though

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Ivorycry on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Sounds interesting the question is though is it within tenta's power

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 17
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:13 am

Currently, no. But if someone wants to pay a coder on alliedmods to make the plugin, be my guest. Very Happy
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:Currently, no. But if someone wants to pay a coder on alliedmods to make the plugin, be my guest. Very Happy

Paying?!
Screw that, i'll make my own mod
With hookers and Blackjack
You know what, screw the mod

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 am

Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:Currently, no. But if someone wants to pay a coder on alliedmods to make the plugin, be my guest. Very Happy

Paying?!
Screw that, i'll make my own mod
With hookers and Blackjack
You know what, screw the mod

I like Futurama.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:59 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
I like Futurama.

Who doesn't

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Alright, awesome gamemode coming up
Check it
A map, a little bit like the ones you see in Sky Diving maps in Minecraft
Basically a long drop with a platform at top where a heavy will sit
Everyone else is on the bottom
People on the bottom have close to no health
Heavy at the top has a sandvich
Throws it down
People on the bottom have to catch it
Whoever catches it obviously gets health
Probably gonna make it scout class restrictions so we don't get any differing healths
After the sandvich is thrown down, the heavy at the top will press a button that gets rid of like 100 health or something
Anyone that hasn't caught the sandvich will die, the one who hasn't lives
That's the winner

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Dotro wrote:Alright, awesome gamemode coming up
Check it
A map, a little bit like the ones you see in Sky Diving maps in Minecraft
Basically a long drop with a platform at top where a heavy will sit
Everyone else is on the bottom
People on the bottom have close to no health
Heavy at the top has a sandvich
Throws it down
People on the bottom have to catch it
Whoever catches it obviously gets health
Probably gonna make it scout class restrictions so we don't get any differing healths
After the sandvich is thrown down, the heavy at the top will press a button that gets rid of like 100 health or something
Anyone that hasn't caught the sandvich will die, the one who hasn't lives
That's the winner

Why not do the reverse?
Heavy hits a button that opens doors at the top, holding the scouts,
scouts have to fall down once doors open and hit a small platform the size of 1 scout,
they all have full health. there is a healthkit on the platform to prevent death, anyone who misses dies,
scouts can shoot each other on the way down?
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 pm

I vote Yes, although there are some errors which can be fixed. either way sounds like a fun gamemode.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:35 pm

oOPIDDYOo wrote:I vote Yes, although there are some errors which can be fixed. either way sounds like a fun gamemode.

Yeah I posted a while ago but I don't know why it showed up
It was basically instead of Scouts use Pyro's because
1. Scout can double jump and save themselves
2. Pyro's airblasting in mid-air?! Frontier Fun!
and 3. Pyro's health would be easier to moderate because there is more of it

Anyway, just something to consider

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Ivorycry on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Sounds like an awesome gamemode and i don't think it will be to hard for tenta to do

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 17
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Ivorycry wrote:Sounds like an awesome gamemode and i don't think it will be to hard for tenta to do

Dotro's thing is more likely. He should really make a thread/poll for it.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Ivorycry on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Thats what i was talking about...

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 17
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Now u just got to find a supporting plugin.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Ivorycry on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:43 am

There probaly won't be one wait he dosen't need a plugin...

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 17
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:14 am

Ivorycry wrote:There probaly won't be one wait he dosen't need a plugin...

It'd be pretty easy to manage manually but in the future a plugin might come in handy

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:43 am

Dotro wrote:
Ivorycry wrote:There probaly won't be one wait he dosen't need a plugin...

It'd be pretty easy to manage manually but in the future a plugin might come in handy

If you are talking about demos idea, you do realise just how much work that would take on my part to just play a round of it without a plugin, right?
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Dotro on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:30 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:
Ivorycry wrote:There probaly won't be one wait he dosen't need a plugin...

It'd be pretty easy to manage manually but in the future a plugin might come in handy

If you are talking about demos idea, you do realise just how much work that would take on my part to just play a round of it without a plugin, right?

I was not sir

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Ivorycry on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm

No we were talking about dotros idea but yeah

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 17
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: A gamemode

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum