Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

I'm not even sure if this is possible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm not even sure if this is possible

Post by Crash on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Having a teleporter appear in a certain location at a certain time everyday. For example, at exactly 3:14pm each day, a teleporter appears with a noise that plays across the server. It can stay there for maybe a minute or so, and then disappears again. When you take the tele, it takes you to a secret room. In the secret room (which should be some distance from the main map so it's not too easy at first to noclip to if you get it through rtd), it could have maybe a boss, artwork, a message, or just something really cool to see!

Try finding a video of the Insomniac Museum in Ratchet and Clank 2 and/or 3. I used to love changing the clock on the PS2 when I was younger just to get to the secret tele that only appeared at a certain time, which took you to the secret behind the scenes map that included stuff that was cut from the main game. The secret in the map could work like that~
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm not even sure if this is possible

Post by TheSexyKitty on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:39 am

That would be cool... but is that possible o-o? If so it should be done!

Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:52 am

It is not possible, A Map cannot depict what the time is, keeping in mind that time isn't universal, for example an american's 3:14 is different to ours.

Or just quite frankly it isn't possible. A Map runs off it's own time, the moment the map is initialized it's game engine does so as well. As in it initializes it's in-game functions from that point. Not from a global function (i.e Time). For example As soon as the map is started 'After 30 minutes, open Main_area_Teleport' Not 'At 3:14 Open Main_area_Teleport' Source's game engine does not incorporate the ability to record time.

What is possible though, is a teleporter which opens once, every map restart. At a later time. (As I mentioned before 'After 30 minutes open the tele') But this would be entirely impracticable as allowing a few people to enter a room and stay there, once every map update is ridiculous. What do people do in the shelter? Most people leave straight away unless there's an incentive to stay. i.e an enemy to kill or such. What do you think people will do in the tele room? Get in, "Yay, I'm in. But there's nothing to do but look at the other stuff in here or quickly kill an enemy before I'm the only lone person in here, and entirely bored." Then they proceed to leave, and the tele will not open for another map update.

Keeping this in mind, a map restart can not come for days. A map update occurs when either the server crashes and restarts, or a tf2 update is released and the server restarts.

(Or tent for some reason restarts the map, maybe to put the spinner back, after his rampage... OR MAYBE COZ MULTIPLAY KEEPS FUCKING UP, But yeah. Days.)

And assuming the room will be private and secure from other entry sources apart from the tele. Nocliper's would be killed upon attempted entry.

So yeah, this probably wouldn't ever come into the map/ nor mine/ nor pretence2

Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum