Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Suggestions for Perfidious

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:41 pm

If you haven't visited the Launching post - http://mops.betaboard.net/t438-trade_mops_perfidious#3441 Go crazy.

So here will be quite clearly, the suggestions area. If you see any flaws, bugs, broken aspects or just want something added to the map, go right ahead and slam it into the comments, I will read all comments and consider all.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Secondary tetherball room. (this should be lockable where as the current one should remain how it is)

This could allow for you to experiment with an arena layout. I.e maybe make it circular, add timed pits, that sort of thing.

Needs better signs. (I can help with this)

If you feel able, make the map slightly more scaled.

Maybe make the first tetherball room fully indoors?

Extra activity rooms would be nice if you get any ideas.


_________________
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:Secondary tetherball room. (this should be lockable where as the current one should remain how it is)

This could allow for you to experiment with an arena layout. I.e maybe make it circular, add timed pits, that sort of thing.

Needs better signs. (I can help with this)

If you feel able, make the map slightly more scaled.

Maybe make the first tetherball room fully indoors?

Extra activity rooms would be nice if you get any ideas.


Secondary Tether room = Done And its Circular/Lockable/indoors

Added a private room

yeah. signs are a must.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Crash on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 pm

here's my list of negatives/positives, i tried to ignore the fact that you made it so this shouldn't be biased at all

negatives:
spawn is/feels tiny
the torches look ugly and feel out of place for tf2, building on that, this map feels overly serious for a trade server and it doens't feel like something i'd be happy to be playing on for 2 hours straight (if i ever did that). i feel bored of it and i haven't even been here for 5 minutes
the collision around the rocket launcher at spawn is odd, it seems to be almost twice the size of the launcher
what's with all the clutter around the map? a small spawn + clutter everywhere isn't the most fun thing to look at every respawn
is the health loss at spawn necessary, seeing as idling has been, i guess you can say 'nerfed' by valve a decent amount of time ago?
did you need to put your name all over it? i mean in the spawns or something is fine, but i've seen it like 4 times and i've only just left spawn
(minor thing) the writing above the teleport doors could use some improvement, namely less stretched out
the spikey poles are just plain irrating, especially when jumping around/running backwards as scout
to continue on the above point, the amount of things you hit into when double jumping as scout is quite a high number
wild hhh in the laidback trading area?
the boxing ring is next to the hhh: this causes problems involving the 'boo'
when teleporting to corner a, the hhh can run out and almost camp you if you want to run to your left
you can get trapped in the spawn doors


positives:
i like the addition of the halloween spells, i haven't seem them outside of helltower yet
dat sanic fan
the sniper area is pretty good, it could use some item placement improvement but other than that it's better than the camping doorway sniper duels
if i'm ever on the server when this map is on, it'll be because i'm trying to exploit my way through the sanic fan of death
i like the shelter + area above the arena with the shelter button

just my personal opinion. it's a decent map, but not one that i'll be playing on much.

_________________
Tentacle Boss wrote:Bubbles does suck.
Gregg the Grim Reaper wrote:*pats hard drive*
whos a gud wittle hard drive
you are
avatar
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-12
Location : Spoiling White Spy's Plans

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Crash wrote:here's my list of negatives/positives, i tried to ignore the fact that you made it so this shouldn't be biased at all

negatives:
spawn is/feels tiny
the torches look ugly and feel out of place for tf2, building on that, this map feels overly serious for a trade server and it doens't feel like something i'd be happy to be playing on for 2 hours straight (if i ever did that). i feel bored of it and i haven't even been here for 5 minutes
the collision around the rocket launcher at spawn is odd, it seems to be almost twice the size of the launcher
what's with all the clutter around the map? a small spawn + clutter everywhere isn't the most fun thing to look at every respawn
is the health loss at spawn necessary, seeing as idling has been, i guess you can say 'nerfed' by valve a decent amount of time ago?
did you need to put your name all over it? i mean in the spawns or something is fine, but i've seen it like 4 times and i've only just left spawn
(minor thing) the writing above the teleport doors could use some improvement, namely less stretched out
the spikey poles are just plain irrating, especially when jumping around/running backwards as scout
to continue on the above point, the amount of things you hit into when double jumping as scout is quite a high number
wild hhh in the laidback trading area?
the boxing ring is next to the hhh: this causes problems involving the 'boo'
when teleporting to corner a, the hhh can run out and almost camp you if you want to run to your left


positives:
i like the addition of the halloween spells, i haven't seem them outside of helltower yet
dat sanic fan
the sniper area is pretty good, it could use some item placement improvement but other than that it's better than the camping doorway sniper duels
if i'm ever on the server when this map is on, it'll be because i'm trying to exploit my way through the sanic fan of death

just my personal opinion. it's a decent map, but not one that i'll be playing on much.
If by Ignoring the fact you hate everything about and produced by me, your doing a bad job at it.

The spawn is paramount size for its purpose. Nuff said, Its designed to stop Spawn fags from having a lil' fagparty inside spawn.

The torches are ugly? Why because they aren't stock map prefabs or are not professionally developed for Hammer? Sorry bout' that, you try carving a block into the shape of a realistic torch, then engage your professional skills in making a custom fire particle effect to match. Then you can complain. Funfact I can give you many Stock maps with similar prop "CLUTTER". The only difference I added a singular block between spawn area and the spawn itself. So I could add a Mops poster. I'm sorry if the look of valve stock maps pisses you off.

Secondly, give me a reason how its "too serious" Implying something can be serous in tf2. Implying a Sanic fan Is Serious, Implying a Tetherball game is Serious, Implying a Nuke is serious. Right. If by the means of Serious you mean, more professional and more attention to detail then the blatant "Trade_Plaza" That's not something to criticize.

It is possible to get around their idle restriction, they blatantly just stopped the retards from idling, there are such things that exist such as scripts that require nothing but console. And if you wish to idle without dieing there's multiple solutions - 1. go medic, 2. Stand outside the PAIN.

You feel bored of it? Why because you find the Default Trade_Plaza More Interesting and diverse, or you just have to find any reason to put me and my creations down. And yeah I have to put my name over the entire map, (well there's only 4, and they are rather small), But Only because someone by the name of 'Crash' Commented on my amazing Ego. And I concur with that statement.

"the spikey poles are just plain irrating" grammar C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER(Lolsrs? You even have spellchecker on your side.), Yeah. Not my fault you jump Into the Big Polls with giant spikes on them... Oh and, Would you change your opinion about them if I told you they were Tents Idea?

"the collision around the rocket launcher at spawn is odd, it seems to be almost twice the size of the launcher" lol blame valve nuffsaidkthxbye.


The few Helpful points you made which weren't blatant complaints were:

The signs, yes they were rushed and are stretched because My custom texture skills are retarded. These signs are being replaced as well as more additional signs added. The HHH isn't meant to run to begin with, someone by the name of TENT or MAC Must have executed nav_generate. or maybe its automatic with the new Pedobear plugin. Sozzles Brozzles.

Am I done? Would you be interested as to Complain on which way the Fan Spins? Or rather the speed the spawn doors opening. Or some other Irrelevant bullshit of an excuse to piss me off.

I love constructive critism, I love Feedback and Suggestions, Heck I even love people pointing out flaws in the map.

I do not like working on a project for 3 months, then have some faggot come by and complain about the torches or furthermore the fuckin Spinny DEATH spikes that his skill level cant avoid.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Teh Big Mac on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:47 pm

List here:

-Admin room to reset locks just in case some tard decides to lock the rooms, plus somewhere where I may continue my mayhem without disturbing any players.

-Some props in the sniper room for Red give them slight advantages as they have more cover, may want to move them elsewhere. (That fence especially, god Fierce kept camping behind that shit like a pussy.)

-A prop sandbox would be neat, where we may pick up props to build shit or other games we could play there. Of course this would be outside the map to not interfere with normal gameplay.

-The fan can be blocked by dispensers and other objects. May want it to destroy anything or repel anything that goes near it.

-I want to pick up spinny death spike sticks.

-Lastly, more outside features would be nice, seeing from the small li'l outside decor in spawns I'd say you could do a pretty good job for a bigger version, and you could put some secrets there.

_________________


avatar
Teh Big Mac
Experienced Member

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere that isn't here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Teh Big Mac wrote:List here:

-Admin room to reset locks just in case some tard decides to lock the rooms, plus somewhere where I may continue my mayhem without disturbing any players.

-Some props in the sniper room for Red give them slight advantages as they have more cover, may want to move them elsewhere. (That fence especially, god Fierce kept camping behind that shit like a pussy.)

-A prop sandbox would be neat, where we may pick up props to build shit or other games we could play there. Of course this would be outside the map to not interfere with normal gameplay.

-The fan can be blocked by dispensers and other objects. May want it to destroy anything or repel anything that goes near it.

-I want to pick up spinny death spike sticks.

-Lastly, more outside features would be nice, seeing from the small li'l outside decor in spawns I'd say you could do a pretty good job for a bigger version, and you could put some secrets there.
The Spycrab arena Has a Logic_timer that opens the door every 60 Seconds. As does the Private room.

Prop sandbox is impossible without a server plugin.

I can deal with the sniper props.

The fan Area is a Nobuild zone, so you cant expect any dispensers to get there, unless your around.

I Have added 3 secrets. :3

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Crash on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

i was trying to actually be nice to you,
the server hasn't had more than 5 people on at a time (including 2 idlers) for the past 5 hours. don't accept constructive criticism huh? you're already perfect huh?
your map is horrible. i've seen 2 people who are actually friends of yours join, only to say 'oh this map again? i don't like it' and then leave.
it's a map with bad design, multiple flaws and it has you written all over it (also literally).
the original trade_plaza is a good functional map for it's intended purpose: trading and idling.
ever wonder why no other trade plazas are filled with props? because they're correctly sized maps that are designed to be fun rather than good looking. either way, your design skills are non-existent.
if you struggle to build custom props, WHY BOTHER? especially if the finished result is ugly
you're not tent, you can't build maps and you should stop trying

oh, and yeah, i clearly use chrome and a spellchecker. maybe i wrote that while trying to deal with your frustrating mess of a map??

you're an egotistical asshole and congrats on making the worst tf2 map i've ever seen
yeah, that's my 2c worth without the sugar coating

go on, i'm waiting for your great comebacks about how i 'only play stock maps' (contrary to you previously stating that i only play on mops and never play on stock maps), how much better you are than me and how your map is great and the flaws i pointed out are clearly my mistake.


also, have you ever considered that perhaps you could be the one with room for improvement? something must be wrong if hate groups have been made towards you. i've also tried to move on from this but of course noooo it's just my fault and you're still the perfect princess.

_________________
Tentacle Boss wrote:Bubbles does suck.
Gregg the Grim Reaper wrote:*pats hard drive*
whos a gud wittle hard drive
you are
avatar
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-12
Location : Spoiling White Spy's Plans

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Teh Big Mac on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:57 am

oOPIDDYOo wrote:List here:

Prop sandbox is impossible without a server plugin.

We have sm_entcontrol and people are already able to pick up entities with +use (Take the ball for example.

_________________


avatar
Teh Big Mac
Experienced Member

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere that isn't here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by TheSexyKitty on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:57 am

^^Needs a blackhat and maybe a tiny blackhat as well...

_________________
Bokusatsu Koneko SexyKitty-chan >:3
avatar
TheSexyKitty
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Posts : 434
Join date : 2012-11-21
Location : Kitten Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Teh Big Mac on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 am

Waitno, we need penguins WITH black hats, and a lil penguin with a lil black hat.

_________________


avatar
Teh Big Mac
Experienced Member

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere that isn't here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by TheSexyKitty on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:06 am

Mac are you aware of what blackhat is? just wondering.. and we can have all of those things

_________________
Bokusatsu Koneko SexyKitty-chan >:3
avatar
TheSexyKitty
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Posts : 434
Join date : 2012-11-21
Location : Kitten Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 am

Crash wrote:i was trying to actually be nice to you,
the server hasn't had more than 5 people on at a time (including 2 idlers) for the past 5 hours. don't accept constructive criticism huh? you're already perfect huh?
your map is horrible. i've seen 2 people who are actually friends of yours join, only to say 'oh this map again? i don't like it' and then leave.
it's a map with bad design, multiple flaws and it has you written all over it (also literally).
the original trade_plaza is a good functional map for it's intended purpose: trading and idling.
ever wonder why no other trade plazas are filled with props? because they're correctly sized maps that are designed to be fun rather than good looking. either way, your design skills are non-existent.
if you struggle to build custom props, WHY BOTHER? especially if the finished result is ugly
you're not tent, you can't build maps and you should stop trying

oh, and yeah, i clearly use chrome and a spellchecker. maybe i wrote that while trying to deal with your frustrating mess of a map??

you're an egotistical asshole and congrats on making the worst tf2 map i've ever seen
yeah, that's my 2c worth without the sugar coating

go on, i'm waiting for your great comebacks about how i 'only play stock maps' (contrary to you previously stating that i only play on mops and never play on stock maps), how much better you are than me and how your map is great and the flaws i pointed out are clearly my mistake.


also, have you ever considered that perhaps you could be the one with room for improvement? something must be wrong if hate groups have been made towards you. i've also tried to move on from this but of course noooo it's just my fault and you're still the perfect princess.
All I can say Is you think you can do better? go ahead.

Your comparing an amateur's work to that of professional map makers hired by the most profound gaming company known to man. I haven't been on hammer for more then a year, heck not even close, and your expecting perfect Close to Valve stock standards from me? Smooth.

You go ahead and make your own map, we will justify your contribution to the community justly and I promise I Wont treat you like the faggot your treating me.

On record your the only person to complain the map Nor do I give any fuck to what matters your insignificant mind, you missed out on joining the ser-Oh wait, your still butthurt to the point you cant be on the server with me, you leave every time I join (toughtitties) - Anyway, you missed out on 2 game giveaways and an hour of 14 people having a fucking great time.

If you hate this so much, why are you still on mops? If I'm on you won't play on it. All you do on the forum is complain about me? Why on mops still?

If you wish to complain more, go to the offtopic area, I don't want to see anything but suggestions/feedback here. Cheers.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Teh Big Mac on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

TheSexyKitty wrote:Mac are you aware of what blackhat is? just wondering.. and we can have all of those things
I am aware, but that came to mind.

_________________


avatar
Teh Big Mac
Experienced Member

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere that isn't here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Crash on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:49 pm

no i'm fine with mops, it's you that's the problem
and lol sure, i'll listen to you and go to the offtopic area to spam

_________________
Tentacle Boss wrote:Bubbles does suck.
Gregg the Grim Reaper wrote:*pats hard drive*
whos a gud wittle hard drive
you are
avatar
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-12
Location : Spoiling White Spy's Plans

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Crash on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:50 pm

ff

_________________
Tentacle Boss wrote:Bubbles does suck.
Gregg the Grim Reaper wrote:*pats hard drive*
whos a gud wittle hard drive
you are
avatar
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-12
Location : Spoiling White Spy's Plans

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Crash on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 pm

ff

_________________
Tentacle Boss wrote:Bubbles does suck.
Gregg the Grim Reaper wrote:*pats hard drive*
whos a gud wittle hard drive
you are
avatar
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-12
Location : Spoiling White Spy's Plans

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Crash on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Very Happy

_________________
Tentacle Boss wrote:Bubbles does suck.
Gregg the Grim Reaper wrote:*pats hard drive*
whos a gud wittle hard drive
you are
avatar
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-12
Location : Spoiling White Spy's Plans

http://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Teh Big Mac wrote:
-Lastly, more outside features would be nice, seeing from the small li'l outside decor in spawns I'd say you could do a pretty good job for a bigger version, and you could put some secrets there.

_________________
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by TheSexyKitty on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Teh Big Mac wrote:
TheSexyKitty wrote:Mac are you aware of what blackhat is? just wondering.. and we can have all of those things
I am aware, but that came to mind.
Awesome I like your thinking

_________________
Bokusatsu Koneko SexyKitty-chan >:3
avatar
TheSexyKitty
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Posts : 434
Join date : 2012-11-21
Location : Kitten Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Teh Big Mac on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:41 am

oOPIDDYOo wrote:
Your comparing an amateur's work to that of professional map makers hired by the most profound gaming company known to man. I haven't been on hammer for more then a year, heck not even close, and your expecting perfect Close to Valve stock standards from me?
This.

_________________


avatar
Teh Big Mac
Experienced Member

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere that isn't here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Perfidious

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum