Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Competitive Jump Scroller Map

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 am

Not your ordinary jump map. This map would consist of two hollow rectangular areas, and each team would start at the bottom of them. Around the rectangles would be various platforms each team would have to jump up, complete with obstacles along the way. Each rectangle would be separated by a glass wall until about half way up, where there would be a SMALL room in which a team can either a. attack an enemy team, or b. keep moving and hope they don't die. The obstacles and platforms would continue until one of the teams reached a button. And upon pressing this button, the entire enemy team would be annihilated. Keep in mind this map would be based around the 'Arena' game mode. So once a player has died, they are out completely from the round.

Opinions?
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:58 am

So sorta like Minecraft Parkour but in TF2?

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am

Dotro wrote:So sorta like Minecraft Parkour but in TF2?

The only similarity would be jumping from platforms. Which I am certain was not created by Minecraft parkour.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:57 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:So sorta like Minecraft Parkour but in TF2?

The only similarity would be jumping from platforms. Which I am certain was not created by Minecraft parkour.

That's about the only reference to Jumping From Platforms I can name
Probably because everything else has a retarded name like Zim Zam or Trooble Ka Foofle

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:So sorta like Minecraft Parkour but in TF2?

The only similarity would be jumping from platforms. Which I am certain was not created by Minecraft parkour.

That's about the only reference to Jumping From Platforms I can name
Probably because everything else has a retarded name like Zim Zam or Trooble Ka Foofle

Mario.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Mario.

That's the one

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Ivorycry on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Wow just wow

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 18
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Ivorycry wrote:Wow just wow

Screw you, i'm tired

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Dotro wrote:
Ivorycry wrote:Wow just wow

Screw you, i'm tired

Kirby.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:11 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:
Ivorycry wrote:Wow just wow

Screw you, i'm tired

Kirby.

Bloody hell I get it
Sonic The Hedge Hog

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:
Ivorycry wrote:Wow just wow

Screw you, i'm tired

Kirby.

Bloody hell I get it
Sonic The Hedge Hog

Donkey Kong.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:30 pm

My god this is genius.

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 pm

oOPIDDYOo wrote:My god this is genius.

And for once its something that doesn't require a plugin to be made by our non-existent programmer!
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Ivorycry on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 am

Yay!

_________________
-Ivorycry cat
^-^
( - - )
( u u )
( 3 3 )
avatar
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 18
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:43 am

I would love to see this game mode Very Happy

_________________
Captain Bubbles - Savior of the Bathtub Nebula.


Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
avatar
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 21
Location : Brisbane

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:46 am

oOPIDDYOo wrote:I would love to see this game mode Very Happy

I will be away in the afternoon so I cannot work on it just yet. That said I will start some time in the near future.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:

I will be away in the afternoon so I cannot work on it just yet. That said I will start some time in the near future.

Why not just go...back to the future?!

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 am

Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:

I will be away in the afternoon so I cannot work on it just yet. That said I will start some time in the near future.

Why not just go...back to the future?!

Eh, semi-important occasion. But this is certainly doable. Not sure how long it will take though since it will be my first tome doing it. I wish I could get some donkey kong styled barrels falling down but I wouldn't know how to make them look decent. I.e appear to be rolling. I could always spawn props which look like barrels but a. they could be a bit too small, and b. too many could cause lag issues.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Dotro on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:39 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:

I will be away in the afternoon so I cannot work on it just yet. That said I will start some time in the near future.

Why not just go...back to the future?!

Eh, semi-important occasion. But this is certainly doable. Not sure how long it will take though since it will be my first tome doing it. I wish I could get some donkey kong styled barrels falling down but I wouldn't know how to make them look decent. I.e appear to be rolling. I could always spawn props which look like barrels but a. they could be a bit too small, and b. too many could cause lag issues.

You could probably just do a train path for the barrels, the probable on downside of that would be that they'd look unnatural in the way they come down.
Spawning props could go out of hands and end up just fucking up everyones shit.

_________________
avatar
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Posts : 273
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:52 am

Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
Dotro wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:

I will be away in the afternoon so I cannot work on it just yet. That said I will start some time in the near future.

Why not just go...back to the future?!

Eh, semi-important occasion. But this is certainly doable. Not sure how long it will take though since it will be my first tome doing it. I wish I could get some donkey kong styled barrels falling down but I wouldn't know how to make them look decent. I.e appear to be rolling. I could always spawn props which look like barrels but a. they could be a bit too small, and b. too many could cause lag issues.

You could probably just do a train path for the barrels, the probable on downside of that would be that they'd look unnatural in the way they come down.
Spawning props could go out of hands and end up just fucking up everyones shit.

Yep, that's my concern. I'll keep it simple for now.
avatar
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Posts : 857
Join date : 2012-11-20

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Competitive Jump Scroller Map

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum