Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Moderation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moderation

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:09 pm

I would just like to ask wut happened to mac? apart from him having his annual tf2 break... isnt he like a mod.? it would just be nice to have someones like mac with the ability to moderate. (Mute, silence... and commands like that) coz when tents not on server goes fucking crazy. Exclamation

Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderation

Post by Ivorycry on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Personaly i think that maybe you should be made mod bubbles

( u u )
( 3 3 )
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 pm

oOPIDDYOo wrote:I would just like to ask wut happened to mac? apart from him having his annual tf2 break... isnt he like a mod.? it would just be nice to have someones like mac with the ability to moderate. (Mute, silence... and commands like that) coz when tents not on server goes fucking crazy. Exclamation

Well, I think he is waiting for a weapon update and is a little bored.
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotro on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:05 pm

We need mods to keep dildos out of the server
There are alot of them

Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Personally I like how tents restricted admin intensely,

I mean if he made someone mod....

Everyone:CAN I HAVE MOD PL0x!?!?

Check out My Gamebanana page, where I post mah Mods! - http://gamebanana.com/members/1344220
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:38 am

oOPIDDYOo wrote:Personally I like how tents restricted admin intensely,

I mean if he made someone mod....

Everyone:CAN I HAVE MOD PL0x!?!?

People let power go to their heads, its a privilege, not a right.
On the note of dildos, I try to remain distant if the offender is just a troll, because quite frankly, they can be dealt with on the client side 99% of the time, and people need to learn that it takes 3 clicks to silence someone who is causing them an issue. Furthermore, reacting in an aggressive manner is often what these people are looking for, i.e it provokes people to do whatever stupid shit they were doing further.

If users of the server can deal with the shitty trolls (by shitty I mean, the unintelligent, trying to be funny but lacking the brains to really achieve anything, doing it because its the hip thing to do right now sorts) in an adult, non-provocative manner. They will just get bored and either a. go elsewhere, or b. play the server normally after a while. I feel this experience will help people when they go to other servers too, where they can't come to me asking me to ban etc.

All of that said, I will intervene if there is some sort of more serious offence outside of basic griefing, and out of client side jurisdiction.
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote: People let power go to their heads, its a privilege, not a right.
On the note of dildos, I try to remain distant if the offender is just a troll, because quite frankly, they can be dealt with on the client side 99% of the time, and people need to learn that it takes 3 clicks to silence someone who is causing them an issue. Furthermore, reacting in an aggressive manner is often what these people are looking for, i.e it provokes people to do whatever stupid shit they were doing further.

If users of the server can deal with the shitty trolls (by shitty I mean, the unintelligent, trying to be funny but lacking the brains to really achieve anything, doing it because its the hip thing to do right now sorts) in an adult, non-provocative manner. They will just get bored and either a. go elsewhere, or b. play the server normally after a while. I feel this experience will help people when they go to other servers too, where they can't come to me asking me to ban etc.

All of that said, I will intervene if there is some sort of more serious offence outside of basic griefing, and out of client side jurisdiction.

THIS

oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:30 am

oOPIDDYOo wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote: People let power go to their heads, its a privilege, not a right.

THIS

Personally, I don't like the way many servers feel their admin positions to be of such high stature, that they must nurture and babysit everyone, and if somebody steps a little out of line they go ban happy.
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSexyKitty on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:06 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:
oOPIDDYOo wrote:

THIS

Personally, I don't like the way many servers feel their admin positions to be of such high stature, that they must nurture and babysit everyone, and if somebody steps a little out of line they go ban happy.

Being crazy like me or Chris or just out trolling their asses usually shuts people up :3 [Hint: I am a hintbox]

Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top